Major Project: Initial Ideas

For my first major project this term, I am going to make my first ever initial ideas about what I am going to do. My progression route is Graphic Design. I will first ever doing a research and take a look at several picture and people work as my reference inspire. I am thinking a lot of dissertation topics and the of what I want to do, and the field of my design. I am thinking of making a illustration, branding or logo for a company, book cover for novelist, or a poster to advert a film. Let's explore the example of this aspects.

Illustration:


Marilyn Monroe WPAP by ndop
Source: Marilyn Monroe

I love this concept or geometric art on celebrity. It is very colourful, I personally think this is very attractive to my eyes. We can use this concept of art for memorial and advertising a sport also could interesting.




Illustration Art by Charlie Davis
Source: Idevie 

I love this illustration. If you all notice, the background color are cool color meanwhile the upclose subject and trees are warm color. This is a good color combination for an illustration, because we know the illustrator are good in picking a color for a illustration.

Branding or logo:


School Branding Design
Source: Graphic Design Eye

Branding or making a logo are one of the most complicated process as a graphic designer. You need to understand what are you doing the purpose of every details. Based on the image above, that is for branding and the logo of a new university. The branding is great and the logo too. The scheme color of black and red really work very well.


Fashion Branding Design
Source: Looka

This is a branding for a fashion. Although, I am questioning myself why bird for a fashion. Still the design are great but the customer might enquired themselves. 

Book cover:

Cover design by Nicole Caputo
Source: Electric Literature 

I love this design or book cover. The cover itself is the expression of the title. We can see the color it use also was blue and it is very soothing to look at it. I live the details at the crying book on the left. They eyes express the crying and the tears got some kind of galaxy or stars. This might be a foreshadowing for the content inside the book.



The White Raven by Carried Miller
Source: Carried Miller

This book cover is amazing. Look at the design a woman and a white raven flying away. The visual really blend well with the title. The designer also did a really good job editing it very neat and tidy. The background color are dark which making a contrast to the white subject. This is great so people know what are the novel about.

Movie or Film poster:

Avengers Endgame (Marvel Studios)
Source: Marvel

Look at this poster. A very well known studios Marvel. The poster is impeccable. We can see a variation color of purple scattering around the poster. Perhaps the villain is purple... Besides matter, the blending of the marvel character are flawless. The designer are very skillful for doing this. I love the "Avengers" font too. I am sure they made it by themselves. Perfect example for my project.


Peaky Blinders (Netflix)
Source: IMDb

One of my favourite series "Peaky Blinders". This poster are for advertising incoming series in Netflix. It has a very good subtle background and a building under the poster. The editing blending the character also giving a emphasizing about the drama series. They made Cillian Murphy slightly bigger because he is the main character for this series. This also can be my inspiration to begin my project.






Comments

  1. Good work on considering ideas and what you would like to create this term

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment