Art Portfolio 2: Ideas Generation

Starting my blog post generation of my initial ideas of my project for Art Portfolio 2. In recent class, I required to design a mind map that the content fill with the initial ideas of what I am going to do with my project. I designed a mind map that I did and I will give details description about it in this post. Although, this is my initial ideas generation and subject might be change in future.


When I got my brief from my tutor, my initial theme is going something that are scary and related to Halloween festival. So, I have thought about some of the aspects that I should consider into applying it into my projects.

Branding Name

In the brief, it stated that I should establish a new brand and advert it around the people of Cromwell. With that said, I am thinking of making the Cromwell name into more spooky vibes since it is a Halloween festival. I thought of merging the name of Cromwell and Halloween become Cromween. Next, I tried to make the name of Cromwell being spooky, the ideas of Spookywell crossed my mind. Last but not least, I want to keep the name of the Cromwell so to make it spooky and scary, I came up with The Forbidden Cromwell. The logo of this brand is going to be either Combination logo or Typography logo.

Color Palette

The color palette that I am going with is color that evoke the feelings or aura of spookiness, dark and scary. I did some internet research of what is the color that relate to Halloween. The color are purple, grey, orange, maroon, red and navy. In future blogs, I will surely make a deeper research about this color psychology.

Font

For the font, I did go through internet research looking for some good font. I found this website name dafont.com and found a great font. The font that I found very interesting is "WHO ASK SATAN", "MELTED MONSTER" and "GHASTLY PANIC". All of this font I got is from dafont.com website.

Products

From the brief, it was mentioned that I should make a poster for a festival and its advert. Also, I need to design the ticket for the festival complete it with brochure. All of that is my 2D work. My 3D is suppose to be Digital Billboard advert and it should be interactive. I am thinking of making the Digital Billboard from Adobe Illustrator and move it to Adobe Premiere Pro and make it a motion equip with QR code to make it interactive. Then, for others 2D I am going to use Adobe Photoshop.

 

Comments

  1. This needs some commentary to explain your ideas further

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay some good initial ideas - I am looking forward to more in-depth development and your initial research to see the direction that you are intending

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment